Vasco da Gama Summer School
2 July 2018 - 6 July 2018
The Vasco da Gama Summer School 2018 will take place in Taranto, Italy, from 2-6 July and will be focused on “Safety: Navigation & Environment.”
The Summer School is being organised by the University of Bari Aldo Moro, in collaboration with the CPMR and its Intermediterranean Commission. It is funded by the EU’s Cohesion Action Plan funds, managed by Apulia Region and Confindustria Taranto.
The course is a 4-credit full-time course. Presentations and workshops will be delivered in English.
The Summer School is open to 33 participants, namely Bachelor degree students, Master degree students, PhD students, Post-Doctoral researchers and undergraduates (with specific professional skills and work experience) interested in European and Mediterranean policies in the matter of multi-modal carriage, port logistics and environmental challenges. The applicants must possess the necessary qualifications at the time of submission of the application, and have an adequate level of English proficiency.
Objectives of the Summer School:
- Set up and develop an innovative educational project on Multimodal Carriage (especially the maritime one), Port Logistics and environmental challenges from which the maritime entrepreneurs may benefit;
- Foster young people being willing to either gain a professional characterization or to improve their own technical knowledge;
- Facilitate the interplay between actors carrying out multi-modal carriage and port logistics services;
- Improve the attractiveness of the productivity and service chain by promoting the sector of multimodal carriage and port logistics;
- Foster the entrepreneurial spirit through the explanation of chances and obstacles that currently hinder the development of far-reaching and high-potential chains, such as that concerning multi-modal carriage and port logistics;
- Facilitate the cultural and generational exchange among people coming from different countries and universities from Europe and the Mediterranean;
- Shorten the distance between European citizens and European institutions organizing presentations and discussions on the European and Mediterranean related policies in matter of multi-modal carriage, port logistics and environment.
Please see the requirements/conditions for participation and spread the call for candidates to all the potentially interested universities and students in your territory. The deadline for admission is 18 May 2018. The rules, the programme and the form for applying are all published and available on the university website.